Cultural Strategy Director Wanted in London
Our growing Cultural Strategy team is looking for a key new team member. Is that you?
Who are we looking for?
- A Cultural Strategy Associate Director or Director with a methodological emphasis on semiotics for our London office to continue to build on our past 20+ years success, working with clients such as Amazon, Pinterest, Unilever, Spotify, VFC and Diageo, and to act as a key pillar of our growing Cultural Strategy team.
- The ideal person will have a proven track record in cultural analysis. They may think of themselves as a “capital S” Semiotician or be a gifted cultural analyst with a sharp and strategic ability to identify cultural codes, trends and narratives in the world around them. Either way, they will be able to translate broad cultural data into strategic storytelling and implications with clarity and flair.
- They would ideally also be comfortable incorporating other data sources (consumer qual, quant, client data etc) – although they do not need to be practitioners of these.
- They will be comfortable driving work forward across multiple projects, trusted by clients and able to navigate strategic conversations as well as tactical decision-making. The job will be a mix of delivering existing client work and supporting you to grow and develop your own client relationships.
- They will also have strong writing skills and be excited to contribute to thought leadership in the form of white papers, trend reports and social media posts. They will be a dab hand at crafting polished, engaging copy that combines analytical rigour with passionate storytelling.
- We say Associate Director or Director, because we’re open to both. The roles are treated differently by different agencies – what some agencies might call an Associate Director, we might call a Director, so we don’t want to be too prescriptive. Essentially, it’s someone who’s probably got solid and demonstrable experience, someone who’s confident leading projects and being the main client point of contact. You might sometimes be working with a senior client account owner within Firefish, or sometimes independently
You can see the full job specification here and, if this sounds like you (an experienced and imaginative cultural analyst with a flair for turning diverse cultural data sets into inspiring and impactful strategic insights), then please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com with ‘Cultural Strategy Director’ as the subject line, and someone will get back to you.